MURDERED SOUL NEVER SLEEP. THE WANDER AROUND

My day was so busy yesterday. I left home around 5am and was still out by 8pm. When I would finish every task given to me, it was already 10:30pm.
My house is situated in an estate and the night guards would not allow me in.
I put a call through to my friend, Shola living near to my present location.
He said he was not at home but told me where to find the key to his room. He begged me to cook the food we would both eat and promised to arrive in the next 30 minutes.
As I was heading to his house, I travelled down the Memory lane to remember what a wonderful friend Shola is.
Shola is a friend we grew up together in the same neighborhood. We attended the same schools from primary to university.
In my 3rd year in school, Shola blocked with his arm a bullet aimed at me by a cultist.
Shola had an extra year in school in the course of trying to help me with a mid semester test when I was down with malaria.
My arrival at Shola's door woke me up from the memory land.
As I entered, I locked the door from within, hurriedly off my clothes and headed straight to the bathroom.
As I entered the room after bathing, Alas! sitting on the bed was Boluwatife, my girlfriend that died mysteriously 3 weeks ago.
Bolu remain was found inside a drainage after a week of search.
I was almost startled to death. I wanted to run but my legs were glued to the ground.
Bolu was shedding tears profusely while I couldn't even move my lips to talk.
Eventually, my darling Boluwatife talked. She reminded me she was coming to my house that fateful night she met her untimely death.
She revealed that on her way to my house, she met my friend (name undisclosed) who lied to her that I was in his house. She innocently followed the friend to his house only to be raped to death by him and his other three waiting friends. Realizing the atrocity they have committed, they dumped her remain in a drainage.
Eventually, I found my voice. I was so mad already. I asked her angrily the name of my friend that lured her to death.
As she was about to answer, we heard a footsteps of someone coming towards the room. She looked at the door and said, "The culprit is coming. I have to go. Please avenge me. Don't let me die in vain" and she disappeared.
At that moment, someone was knocking the door already. I was in the greatest dilemma of my life. I was praying fervently the person knocking was not Shola so that I could unleash all the venom left inside me on him.
As I was heading to the door, I kept asking myself. What if the culprit was Shola? Will I kill my own best friend? Will I report him to the police? Will I betray the love of my life just to indulge a loyal friend that once risked his life for me?
I was at the door already. As I opened the door, waiting at the door was my FICTION WORLD, MY IMAGINATION, MY FAVORITE HOBBY OF WRITING.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER FORGET THIS HEROES

*IRESA!: A KINGDOM THAT HAS TWO MONARCHS*

THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR HOME