ÀYÀNMỌ́? FATE? (PART 1)

My name is Àríkẹ́ Oge.
I am the first child of my mother's two children
I am never a lucky woman when it comes to marriage. I have 4 children for four different husbands.

My own case is different from 'obìnrin sọ̀wà nù, óní òhun ò lórí ọkọ.' I am a very humble woman any responsible man should wish to call his woman. Well, character most time is not a determinant factor for success.
Out of my four divorces, the last one was almost fatal. I was a victim of a violent husband. I spent a week in the hospital unconscious of my environment. I was in a state oblivion for good one week.

Don't pity me yet, what I lack in marital bliss, God blesses me in wealth. Unless I seek the service of professional estate valuers and auditors, I can't tell you my financial worth. I have more than 50 houses and companies scattered all over the world.

Oh! I have forgotten to tell you about my kid brother. Oh my world! No one could ever wish for a better sibling. He is damn wise and intelligent. He knows the right word to say at the right time.
He graduated with First Class in neurosurgery in 2015, the same year we lost our mother.
I won't forget to tell you we didn't grow up to know our late father.

One mystery about my brother is that despite his academic success, he is unable to get a job. Even his friends with less attractive CVs have all gotten good job. There was a day he said one HR chased him out of her office for polluting the air in which he didn't.

When frustration wanted to set in, I urged him to give up on searching for job and made him the manager of one of my company.
Within two months, the company he was managing became insolvent. All effort by me to make him explain what happened proved abortive.
'Blood is thicker than water', they say.  I couldn't withstand seeing my only sibling feeling bad. I swept the matter under the carpet and made him the manager of another company.
Alas! Just a week of his resumption as manager, the company was engulfed by inferno and we couldn't retrieve just a pin from it.

This is more than coincidence, I thought. I found a way to convince him to stay at home doing nothing with the promise that I will always provide for his needs. One thing I noticed about those losses was that they never reflected on my wealth.

We were living our lives together with no fuss until a day my brother arrived home jubilating. As he said, he met an old time friend not quite long who promised to help him with a job. To cut the story short, my kid bro got a job of 350,000naira in one of the reputable companies in our city.
My joy knew no bound that day. Not really because of the salary attached but my fear that was allayed about my brother having a spiritual problem.

Well, the begging of my brother's joy marked the beginning of my doom.

I want to sleep joor. I will continue tomorrow.
#GBEMI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER FORGET THIS HEROES

*IRESA!: A KINGDOM THAT HAS TWO MONARCHS*

THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR HOME